Tuesday 13 November 2012

Splurge, Sensible And Steal: The Summer Maxi

Personally, there are very few kinds of maxi dresses I can wear, the one featured in Why Cant' We Elope is one of them.  But just because I cannot have it, does not mean I cannot look does it?  Thus I will keep looking at gorgeous maxis I would never be able to pull off, stunning pumps I cannot really afford and goodness knows what else!

SPLURGE

The Summer Maxi - Splurge


After putting together this outfit it occurred to me the dress was not really that much of a splurge, sure its not cheap, but many people would think the price is perfectly reasonable.  And then I realised having an affordable splurge is far from a bad thing, and plus, the colours are so earthy and interesting I was not going to change it.

Featuring (price low to high):

SENSIBLE

The Summer Maxi - Sensible

The Summer Maxi - Sensible

This floral dress caught my eye and I based this series around wanting to use it.  Its pieces like this that make me curse my short and curvy stature!

Featuring (price low to high):

NB: J Crew are doing free shipping to Australia until 30 December 2012


STEAL

The Summer Maxi - Steal

The Summer Maxi - Steal 

Teals and purples are a classic combination.  I've used varying shades of each to add depth to an otherwise quite plain outfit.  The scarf could be worn around the neck, waist, hair or on a bag.  I confess I definitely struggle with these steal outfits!  Far more work goes into them than anything else I feature I think!    

Featuring (price low to high):

STOP PRESS - Oroton are doing 50% off online and in store until the 18th of November.  Simply print this voucher or use the code FF2012 online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment